San Antonio Golf
San Antonio is home to numerous golf courses and golfing facilities. Golf courses in San Antonio include resort courses, municipal golf courses, private clubs, and more. Being a destination city, San Antonio has adapted to the needs of golfers coming to the Alamo City for business or family vacation. Golf courses are abundant in San Antonio and while course lengths, difficulty, and prices may vary, the golf courses in Bexar county are beautiful and well cared for. San Antonio is a golfers paradise.
San Antonio Municipal Golf Courses
San Antonio has seven public municipal golf courses managed by the San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department. Six of these are 18 hole golf courses and one is 9 hole, par 3 golf course with a driving range. The San Antonio public golf courses vary in degree of difficulty with terrains of both south Texas and the Hill Country.
- Brackenridge Golf Course - Municipal San Antonio golf course that was home to the Texas Open from 1922 to 1958 and is almost 100 years old. Open to the public, the golf course is just south of Brackenridge Park with wide open fairways and the San Antonio river running through the back nine. Brackenridge is the current site of the San Antonio City Junior Golf Championship.
2315 Avenue B
- Olmos Basin Golf Course - Municipal golf course just across from the Quarry Market. Olmos Basin Golf Course has some of the biggest yawning greens in the city. The course is on Olmos Creek making it prone to flooding during large rains but it is well maintained by the Olmos greens keeper staff.
7022 North McCullough
- Mission Del Lago Golf Course - Public golf course on San Antonio's south side not far from the Toyota plant. Mission Del Lago is along the shore of Mitchell Lake and is a links type course with numerous sand bunkers and water holes.
1250 Mission Grande Rd
Phone: (210) 627-2522
- Cedar Creek Golf Course - One of the newer public golf courses, Cedar Creek opened in late 1989 and was rated as a top Texas municipal course by the Dallas Morning News. Cedar Creek is in the Texas hill country just north of San Antonio and boasts some beautiful golf course terrain and elevation differences.
8250 Vista Colina
Phone: (210) 695-5050
- Riverside Golf Course - One of San Antonio's oldest golf courses located along the historic Mission Trail. The course is an 18 hole, par 72 course with nine of its holes being par 3. Riverside Golf Course is more of a beginners course where families and children can enjoy a day of golf with plenty of shade.
203 McDonald Ave
Phone: (210) 533-8371
- Willow Springs Golf Course - Another San Antonio public golf course that's been the site of the Texas Open several times in the past. Situated along the banks of Salado Creek across from the AT&T Center, Willow Springs is centrally located and one of San Antonio's more challenging municipal golf courses.
202 SBC Center Pkwy
Phone: (210) 226-6721
- San Pedro Par 3 Golf Course - The San Pedro Golf Course and driving range is just up the street from the Olmos Basin Golf Course. It's a very basic par 3 course shaded by mesquite trees that wraps around it's golf driving range. It's an ideal place for practicing your short game.
6102 San Pedro
Phone: (210) 349-5113
Quarry Golf Club
The Quarry golf club is a beautiful golf course in San Antonio built on the grounds of the old Alamo Cement plant and as the name suggests, this 18 hole golf course is situated in the rock quarry of the old plant. There aren't a lot of trees on the course but this is a truly challenging golf club in a unique setting. Who would have thought an old rock quarry could be transformed into a golfers masterpiece. 444 East Basse Rd (210) 824-4500
Silverhorn Golf Club
Beautiful hill country golf course on San Antonio's north side with wildlife all over the course. Watch for deer before you tee off!
1100 West Bitters
San Antonio, TX 78216
Westin La Cantera Golf
The Westin La Cantera hosts two championship golf courses. The Resort course is home to the PGA Texas Open and the new Palmer Course was added in 2001. These golf courses are absolutely beautiful and have received top honors and reviews in golf magazines throughout the US.
Golf Club of Texas
Located alongside the Briggs Ranch subdivision, the Golf Club of Texas is a beautiful course with a fair amount of water and challenging conditions. The course was designed by Lee Trevino and was built in 1999. The location is exactly on the tip of the Hill Country so the terrain is a bit hilly around the clubhouse but it levels out as you head south on the course. The Golf Club of Texas is west of San Antonio almost halfway to Castroville. I loved playing this course and highly recommend it to anyone interested in an afternoon of San Antonio golf.
13600 Briggs Ranch
San Antonio, TX 78245